Wear GREEN!!! Thursday, May 6, 2021. The color green and the green ribbon are used to celebrate child and youth mental health as it represents hope, growth, and transformation. Wear green to show your support and help raise awareness of children's mental health!
A Child's Physical and Mental Health are both important:
- Nutritious food
- Adequate shelter and sleep
- Unconditional love from family
- Self-confidence and high self-esteem
- Encouraging teachers and supportive caretakers
- Safe and secure surroundings
- Opportunity to play and interact with other children
Nurture children's confidence and self-esteem
- Praise them-encouraging children and help them develop a desire to explore and learn about their surroundings.
- Realistic goals-young children need realistic goals that match their dreams with their abilities.
- Be honest-Do not hide your failures. Let them know we all make mistakes.
- Encourage children-trying new activities teaches children about teamwork, self-esteem and new skills.