Greek Chickpea Salad
COURSE SALAD; CUISINE MEDITERRANEAN
PREP TIME 15 MINUTES; TOTAL TIME 15 MINUTES; SERVINGS 8 SERVINGS
CALORIES 281 KCAL
- 2 cans chickpeas (approx. 30 oz total)
- 2 cups chopped bell pepper (sweet mini peppers work too)
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 avocado (plus extra to taste)
UBER EASY MEDITERRANEAN MARINADE/ DRESSING:
2.5 TBSP red wine vinegar
- 3 TBSP quality extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tsp lemon juice (squeezed from 1 large or two small lemon)
- 1/2-1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2-1 tsp parsley plus extra to garnish
- 1/2 tsp dried crushed oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt (plus extra as desired)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried dill
- optional extra: crumbled feta cheese
- Drain and rinse chickpeas.
- Chop your peppers, tomato, and cucumber, and toss them in a bowl.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a separate container and either shake or whisk to incorporate. Pour over salad and toss to combine.
- Pop the bowl in the fridge, covered, for a few hours to let the fabulous flavors of the marinade get better acquainted with your veggies or enjoy right away.
- Peel and chop avocado just before serving, and add to the salad. I like to toss my avocado in a little lemon juice with a drizzle of olive oil to prevent it from browning.
Nutrition Facts below are estimated before optional feta with an online recipe nutrition calculator. Adjust as needed and enjoy!
AMOUNT PER SERVING
CALORIES 281 CALORIES FROM FAT 99
% DAILY VALUE*
FAT 11G17%; SATURATED FAT 1G6%
SODIUM 199MG9%; POTASSIUM 585MG17%
CARBOHYDRATES 35G12%; FIBER 10G42%
SUGAR 7G8%; PROTEIN 10G20%
VITAMIN A 1280IU26%; VITAMIN C 55.4MG67%
CALCIUM 69MG7%; IRON 3.7MG21%
* PERCENT DAILY VALUES ARE BASED ON A 2000 CALORIE DIET.