Healthy Banana Muffin Recipe
Try this healthy muffin recipe as a more nutritious alternative for when you’re craving something sweet.
Prep time: 15 mins Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 35 mins Serves: 12 muffins
Dietary preferences: Vegetarian
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp 100% pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 medium-sized ripe bananas, well mashed
- 125ml milk
- 75g rolled oats
- 260g wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 small handful of chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a 12-cup muffin tray with paper cases.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, maple syrup and vanilla extract together until well-combined. Stir in the mashed bananas and milk.
- In a separate bowl, combine the rolled oats, wholemeal flour, baking soda, cinnamon and walnuts, if using.
- Add the banana mixture to the dry ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon, until just combined.
- Divide the batter evenly between the 12 cases.
- Bake the muffins for 15-20 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the middle of the muffin comes out clean.
- Leave the muffins to cool for 5 minutes in the muffin pan. Turn out carefully onto a wire rack to cool completely. If you like you can top them with a slice of fresh banana. Enjoy!