California Burger Wraps
Total Time: Prep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes: 4 servings
- 1pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 Bibb lettuce leaves
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons Miracle Whip Light
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cut into 8 slices
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- Chopped cherry tomatoes, optional
- In a large bowl, combine beef, salt and pepper, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into eight 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 3-4 in. from heat until a thermometer reads 160°, 3-4 minutes on each side. Place burgers in lettuce leaves. Combine feta and Miracle Whip; spread over burgers. Top with avocado, red onion and if desired, tomatoes.
Test Kitchen tips
· Try this recipe with lean ground turkey or ground bison for a different twist.
· Use radicchio instead of Bibb lettuce for extra crunch.
· You can substitute mayonnaise and a pinch of sugar if you don't have Miracle Whip on hand.
2 wraps: 252 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 518mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat.